Saturday, July 26, 2008

Week One, Day Six - Saturday

Walking - 20 minutes

After dragging my backside home at 5:30 in the morning (it was all the Kiwi's fault - she made me stay up late!) I wasn't sure how I was going to hold up for my evening stroll on Saturday evening. But I've committed to this thing and I'm not about to let one late night stop me (because there's going to be plenty of them!)

I had a bit of a suss out during the day and discovered a nice little circular route which means that I can stop backtracking on myself. The walking so far up the road and then back again was good to start out with because it helped me check that I was keeping the same pace. The circular route is going to work out much better though. It#ve also discovered that by going one block further each time I can extend the circle further, and eventually I've got a brilliant 5k circuit that I can go round - yippee (positive mental attitude, positive mental attitude!).

So any ways... I geared up in my shorts and top and grabbed Beelzebub and headed out the door, turned around and headed right back in again. Gads it was FREEZING! So i grabbed a pair of trousers and put my long sleeved technical top on and headed back out again.

The walk was fine although I got a bit of pain in my shins towards the end. I slowed down a bit (good move there blob!) and the pain lessened. about 1 minute after getting home the pain had completely stopped. I think the pain was a combination of striding too far (trying to walk in time to the music I was listening to!) and also trying to hold on to mutley.

Yes beelzebub was not on her best behaviour last night. By the time I got out there (it was just before midnight) there were quite a few cats out for the evening. This meant I spent a decent amount of the latter part of the walk trying to hold her back. She doesn't pull on the lead too badly but I knew that if I dropped the lead she'd be off, only to return hours later - probably with a cat in her mouth!!

Now on the subject of music - if anyone has any good suggestions for music to listen to whilst walking/running then do let me know! all suggestions greatfully received - especially if they're really cheesy tunes!


the blob - to the finish line, and beyond...

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Eye of the Tiger!

the blob said...

thanks amanda - that's ace! I'm too terrified to let neil know about this incase he suggest something far too bizarre!!!! hehehehe