Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Key Players

Before we go any further I want to take this opportunity to introduce you to the key players.

Me – there’s me, I’m the one doing all the work here. Some say that I'm quite possibly insane. The further into this I get the more I'm inclined to agree with them.

Her-in-doors – that’s my long suffering partner. HID and I have been together for almost 10 years and she hasn’t half put up with a lot of rubbish over the years! Whilst HID isn’t doing the training with me, it’s more than likely that she’ll come on some of the runs, if to do nothing more than to hold my water bottle or drive the ‘support car’ (that being my Holden Astra!)

Beelzebub – Beelzebub is one of our two English springer spaniels. Beelzebub will be the one accompanying me on most of my evening escapades. It’s not that I prefer her over the other dog, it’s just that she walks a bit better on the lead and, should anything drastic happen when I’m out and about, she’s more likely to ward off any scaries that might be lurking. Beelzebub isn’t her real name but she’s so embarrassed about have to walk with the blob that she asked me to give her a pseudonym

Pups McDuff – also a pseudonym. Pups McDuff is our youngest dog – also a springer spaniel. Pups is the baby of the family, and whilst very supportive of my efforts, as made it quite clear that she currently doesn’t want to go out for a run of an evening. Pups is a incredibly skilled high jumper (currently can jump to over 5 ft from a sitting start) and would make a brilliant fielder if anyone ever invented dog cricket!

The Kiwi - the kiwi is one of my long suffering friends. For reasons only known to her she has, rather stupidly, agreed to be a member of my marathon support team. I'm not quire sure what's she's planning to do in order to fulfill this role - but I'm presuming it's probably going to involve her and her bicycle!


the blob - to the finish line, and beyond...

No comments: